The members only area of the NASSA Database Search Site is accessible only after logging in with a username and password. Membership is open to all NASSA members and there is no charge beyond your NASSA membership dues. Here are the requirements for Search Site Membership:
- Current NASSA membership (not expired.) Your Search Site membership will be suspended (i.e., you won't be able to log in) if your NASSA membership expires (after a 3 month grace period.)
- A valid email address. This email address will be used for messages relating to your Search Site membership. For example, if you forget your password you can request a new one and it will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your Search Site membership. You can change this email address while logged in to the Search Site members area.
- You must agree to keep your username and password private. You are not allowed to share your username/password with anyone outside of your household. While logged in to the members area, you can change your own member information in the database as well as information about the sheep that you own. We don't want anyone but you changing your information. We reserve the right to suspend and/or terminate your Search Site membership if we find that your account (your username/password) is being misused.
Here are some of the benefits of Search Site Membership:
- Search and Results pages for the NASSA registry database of registered sheep including information on the current owner of each sheep. New fields for owner provided information (e.g., fleece information, birth vs. adult color/markings, color and scrapie resistance genotype, scrapie ID tag #, and more) have been added. Members can add/update this supplemental sheep info anytime using an online form in the members area.
- Search and Results pages for the NASSA registry database of NASSA members (current and past.) Supplemental member information has been added (e.g., scrapie program ID, flock census info.) Like the supplemental sheep info, this can be edited by the member (your own information only.)
- Search and Results pages for the NASSA registry database of sheep transfers.
- Eligibility for membership in the new NASSA Sale Site.
Click here for more info on Sale Site membership.