Search Results Help:
General Information about the Search Results Page
- Customize Table - By default, the "Reg #", "Name", "Color", "Markings", "Sex", "Twin", and "Birthdate" fields are shown in the Search Results table. Also, a maximum of 20 rows are shown on the page. You can customize these settings by clicking the "Customize Search Results Format" link above the search results table on the left. This feature uses a "cookie" stored on your computer to save your choices, so this feature will not work if you have cookies disabled. On the Customize Search Results Table page, you can select which fields you would like to see as well as how many rows you want on the page. Click the "Restore Defaults" button to go back to the default settings. Clicking either the Submit or Cancel button will send you back to your previous search results page (Cancel will not make any changes; Submit will make your selected changes.)
- Links to Pedigrees - Each registration number in the "Reg #" column (and the Sire/Dam Reg # columns) is a link to a pedigree for that sheep. If the sheep has any progeny in the database, then the pedigree will have a link to the progeny report.
- Sorting using Column Heading Links - You can click on a column heading in the search results table to sort the results using the data in that column. The default sort is by Reg #. The blue arrow in the column heading indicates the current sort order. If the blue arrow is pointing down, the sort order is ascending (e.g., a to z) from top to bottom. You can click on the column heading with the blue arrow to reverse the sort order (shown by a blue arrow pointing up.)
Descriptions of the Viewable Fields
Here are brief descriptions of each field that can be viewed in the search results. Some are only visible after you have enabled them using the "Customize Table" feature (see above.)
- Reg # - Sheep's registration number. Also a link to the sheep's pedigree.
- Breeder Flock # - Flock number of the breeder of the sheep. Note that this is supposed to be the owner of the sheep's mother at the time of birth. This field is empty for many of the older sheep in the database. You might be able to deduce the breeder by the breeder's flock prefix that is in the first part of the sheep's name (for named sheep.)
- Tag # - Breeder's identification tag for this sheep.
- Name - Breeder's flock prefix followed by the name of the sheep. This field is limited to 30 characters in the database, so a few very long sheep names were truncated.
- Color - Color of the sheep.
- Markings - Sheep's markings, if any.
- Sex - Sheep's sex (Ewe or Ram.)
- Twin - Litter size: Single, Twin, Triplet, or Quad.
- Birthdate - Sheep's birthdate (year-month-day.)
- Birth Year - Year of the sheep's birth.
- Sire Reg # - Registration number of the sheep's sire (father.)
- Sire Name - Name (including Breeder Prefix) of the sheep's sire.
- Dam Reg # - Registration number of the sheep's dam (mother.)
- Dam Name - Name (including Breeder Prefix) of the sheep's dam.
- Notes - Some sheep have information in this field regarding additional tag or tatoo information. Some have comments about the sheep's death.