Welcome to the NASSA Database Search Site!
Search for Shetland Sheep in the NASSA Registry database
Search for Shetland Sheep Breeders
NASSA Members Area
New NASSA Members Only Area
(Find Owner and Transfer info and more)
NASSA Sale Site
See Shetland Sheep &
Fiber sale listings
The purpose of this web site is to provide you with an easy way to browse through the NASSA (North American Shetland Sheepbreeders Association) registration database. Using the pages described below, you can search for sheep matching criteria that you specify and view the results of the search. Pedigree and progeny pages are also provided for those interested in looking up and down the sheep's family tree. You can now also search the NASSA Breeders List.
NASSA has provided a copy of the registration/breeders database for this site. We plan to update the copy approximately quarterly. You can find the date of the last update in the footer of each page of this site. Note that any changes made by the registry after our last update will not be reflected in these pages.
NASSA Breeders List
Use this searchable/sortable Breeders List to locate Shetland Breeders in your area. Please see the Breeders List Help Page for some information on how to use this feature.
NASSA Members Only Area
If you are a NASSA member, be sure to take a look at the Members Area of the site. The Members Area offers additional features beyond what you get with the public area of the site. If you haven't set up your Members Area account yet, click here to find out more.
NASSA Sale Site
Here is a web site where you can find Shetland Sheep and Fiber for sale. Anyone can browse the sale listings in the public area of the NASSA Sale Site, and after you set up your Members Only account for the NASSA Search Site you can become a member of the NASSA Sale Site and add your own listings. Click here to find out more about membership in the NASSA Sale Site.
Here are brief descriptions of the main pages of the site:
- Sheep Search Criteria - This page provides a form into which you can enter search criteria for sheep whose registration information you would like to see. You can be specific and enter, for example, a registration number or name, or you can be more general and specify, for example, a color and year of birth. When you click the Go button on the Search Criteria page, a search will be performed using your criteria and the results of the search will be shown on the Search Results page (see below.) Click here for more help on using the Search Criteria controls.
- Sheep Search Results - This page shows you the results of the search that you ran using the Search Criteria page. The results of your search will be shown in a table listing the various information from the database for the sheep matching your criteria. If there are more sheep than fit on the page (default of 20), then you will see the first page of results and there will be links for the remaining pages below the table. You can customize the fields that are dispayed in the search results table using the 'Customize Table' link below the table on the right. Note that this feature uses a 'cookie' stored on your computer to save your options, so this will not work if you have cookies disabled on your web browser. Within the table of search results, you can click on a registration number to go to a Pedigree page for that sheep (see below.) Click here for more help on the Search Results page.
- Pedigree - This page shows a 4 generation pedigree for the selected sheep. A powerful feature of the pedigree is that you can click on any underlined registration number in the pedigree to go to a new pedigree for that sheep. You can use this feature to work your way through the family tree as far back as the records go. At the top of the pedigree report will be a Progeny link (if the sheep has any progeny in the database.)
- Progeny - This page shows any progeny from the database for the selected sheep. The other parent of the progeny will also be listed. Like the pedigree page, you can click any underlined registration number link in the report to go to a pedigree for that sheep. This allows you to work the other direction through the family trees if desired.
- Breeders List - This page provides a form into which you can enter search criteria for the list of active NASSA Breeders. This works much like the Sheep Search/Results list. Please see the Breeders List Help Page for more information.
Cookies: As mentioned above in the description of custom search results, pages of this site use a cookie stored on your computer to save your custom search results options. Also, cookies are used to store your previous search, results, pedigree, and progeny specifications. If you have cookies enabled, you will see links to your previous selections (once you have performed a search and viewed the results, pedigree, and progeny) in the link bar near the top of each page (to the right of the "New Search" link.) These links can help you get back to your last search or search results after poking around the pedigree and progeny reports. If you have cookies disabled, you will not see these links.
If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this site, please email them to the address at the bottom of the page. We will be happy to consider enhancements or other changes. We hope that you find this site useful, and thanks for visiting!
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/dmeyer/public_html/NASSA/index.php on line 81
visits since 1/1/2005